2.1 Yes-No Question

Hello students,
Today we're going to try to understand about Yes-No Question. Do you know what is Yes-No Question? That's right, it is a question that the answer is Yes or No. Would you give me some examples of Yes-No Question?
All right, before we continue, I would like to explain a little bit of it first.
All right students, in making the questions with YNQ, we must remember the signs, they are
  • The YNQ can be made with Do/Does/Did
  • The YNQ can be made with Am/Is/Are/Was/Were
  • The YNQ can be made with Have/Has
  • The YNQ can be made with Can/Will/May/Shall/Must

Look at the examples below:

  • 'Do you live in London?' 'Yes, I do./No, I don't.'
  • 'Does she go to school by bus?' 'Yes, she does./No, she doesn't.'
  • 'Did they check the pronunciation?' 'Yes, they did./No, they didn't.'
  • 'Am I a blogger?' 'Yes, you are./No, you aren't.'
  • 'Is he going to camp next holiday?' 'Yes, he is./No, he isn't.'
  • 'Are you sure about the planning?' 'Yes, I am./No, I am not.'
  • 'Was she sad yesterday?' 'Yes, she was./No, she wasn't.'
  • 'Were you at school yesterday?' 'Yes, I was./No, I wasn't.'
  • 'Have you finished your homework?' 'Yes, I have./No, I haven't.'
  • 'Has he visited Bali?' 'Yes, he has./No, he hasn't.'
  • 'Can you drive a car?' 'Yes, I can./No, I can't.'
  • 'Will you accompany me to the teacher?' 'Yes, I will./No, I won't.'
  • 'May I sit beside you?' 'Yes, you may./No, you may not.'
  • 'Shall we go now?' 'Yes, we shall./No, we shan't.'
  • 'Must we enclose our photos?' 'Yes, we must./No, we must not.'

In our daily communication, sometimes we use fully complete of Yes-No answer, and sometimes not. So, you must understand the situation and the communication will going as well.

All right students, that's all about YNQ.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment