Apologizing (I am sorry)

An apology is a justification or defense of an act or idea, from the Greek apologia (απολογία). An apology can also be an expression of contrition and remorse for something done wrong.
Some expressions of apology:
  • I'm sorry.
  • I'm so sorry.
  • I'm very sorry.
  • I (d0) apologize.
  • Please, excuse me.

The responds:

  • All right.
  • It's OK.
  • No problem.
  • It doesn't matter.
  • Don't think about it.

Expressing regret

  • I'm sorry to hear that.
  • That's too bad.
  • What a shame!
  • That's a shame.
  • Oh, no!
  • What?!
  • How awful!
  • How terrible!
  • How hoorible!

Listening

Tom: Do you have chocolate ice cream?

Waiter: I'm sorry. i don't have it.

Tom: What about strawberry?

Waiter: I'm sorry. I don't have it, either.

Chan: Today we don't have the King anymore.

Lee: What do you mean?

Chan: Tha King of Pop has died yesterday.

Lee: Do you mean the Jacko?

Chan: Yes.

Lee: are you kidding?

Chan: Didn't you read and listen the news?

Lee: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment