Personal Pronoun

Pronouns are small words that take the place of a noun. We can use a pronoun instead of a noun. Pronouns are words like: he, you, ours, themselves, some, each... If we didn't have pronouns, we would have to repeat a lot of nouns. We would have to say things like:
Do you like the president? I don't like the president. The president is too pompous.

With pronouns, we can say:
Do you like the president? I don't like him. He is too pompous.

Personal Pronouns
This summary of personal pronouns includes possessive adjectives for convenience and comparison.number person gender* pronouns possessive.
Pronouns as subject: I, You, We, They, He, she, It.
Pronouns as object: me, you, us, them, him, her, it.
Pronouns as possessive: mine, yours, ours, theirs, his, hers, its.
Pronouns as reflexive: myself, yourself, ourselves, theirselves, himself, herself, itself.
Possessive adjective: my, your, our, their, his, her, its.
Examples:
  • She give me a homework.
  • The teacher gives me homework.
  • This is my homework.
  • I did my homework by myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment